Midwest BASIC Youth Bible Camp will be held July 23-27, 2018. All graduates of grades 6 -12 are encouraged to attend. This is a great time of growing and serving in Jesus. Some activities include games, talent night, karaoke, praising God, service projects and speakers. Check out our pictures and videos from past camps and share memories at “Midwest B.A.S.I.C. Youth Bible Camp” on Facebook. Registration forms are available on the table in the hallway or sign up online
The Simple Preacher Blog – Pastor Kelly Vander Woude is currently doing a study on the Psalms in his weekly blog called The Simple Preacher. You are invited to visit the blog each week or sign up on his blog page to receive an email update every time there is a new post. There will also be a paper copy each week on the back table of the latest blog.
All are welcome to participate in any of our small group opportunities. If you would like to join us or are interested in learning more about one of these groups please contact us at email@example.com
Many of our small groups are on Summer break. Check back in the Fall for additional small group opportunities.
- UFO small group will meets once a month. You are invited to bring your unfinished objects and join us for food, fellowship and devotions.
- 5:59ers –Sunday Evening Bible Study meets at 5:59 p.m. in the fellowship hall. They have discussions based on Bible studies. The group is currently on Summer break. Come join us next Fall.
- Wednesday Night Small Group – This group meets at the Sterenberg home for a time of fellowship and discussion based on various Bible studies. This Bible study group is currently on Summer break. Come join us Fall of 2018.
- Roots – The first Wednesday of each month the youth will serve at Bickford Assisted Living at 6:30 p.m. The 2nd, 3rd & 4th Wednesdays will include Bible study and fun activities at the church from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Women’s Bible Study – The women of the church are invited to join us for a Bible Study. This Bible study is currently on Summer break.
- Young Builder’s Club – This program meets every 2nd and 4th Wednesday, from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. Young Builders Club is for children Kindergarten thru 5th grades. During our Young Builders Club we will begin with a Bible lesson, then an activity, and end with a snack. Come join us for a great time! If you have any questions please email Jeff and Kristy Kopaska.
Areopagus College Student Ministries
- You can contact Tyler Helfers – Areopagus Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food at First— Join other students and members of TCRC as we prepare and serve a meal for the community on the 1st and 2nd Fridays of each month. Meets at First Christian Church (611 Clark Ave.) beginning at 3:30 p.m. for prepping and 5:30 p.m. for serving.
ALTI (Areopagus Leadership Training Initiative)— A multi-faceted program for ISU students to help prepare them to serve as leaders in the church, community, and in their given vocations. Engage in biblical-theological study; learn from pastors, professors, and civic leaders; and gain experience through practical modules throughout the semester. Those who participate are eligible for $500 scholarships. Currently taking applications for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Scripture Preview –
May 27, 2018
First Sunday after Pentecost
Scripture: Habakkuk 1:1-11
June 3, 2018
Second Sunday after Pentecost
Scripture: Habakkuk 1:12-2:20
Children and Worship – Children and Worship is a program developed for children to worship God in their own worship center and see and hear Bible stories with visuals that they can then use themselves. The time we spend in the worship center is a time of worship, not a social time or play time. At Trinity we use this program for worship with children ages three through second grade. Children and Worship meets during our worship service. Our children experience worship in the same order as in the sanctuary: we approach God in reverence, hear His Word proclaimed, respond in praise, and go forth in peace and love to serve in God’s name. Bible stories are presented using wooden figures and felt pieces that allow children to see as well as to hear the Word of God. The last Children and Worship session will be May 27. Children’s worship will will resume in the Fall.
Our youth and adult Sunday School classes will resume in the Fall on the first Sunday after Labor day at 11:00 a.m.
Our youth, pre-kindergarten through 8th grades, are studying the Dwell curriculum. It is designed to awaken the ongoing story of God.
High School Students – The topic of the high school Sunday School class for 2017-18 is “Jesus in the Gospels.” The high school Sunday School class has a four-year curriculum. Future topics will be: “Acts and Epistles” (2018-2019), “What We Believe and How We Live” (2019-2020), and “The Old Testament” (2020-21).